The Jersey Compliance Officers Association is a professional body which provides a forum for the exchange of ideas and information. The JCOA actively encourages, and provides the environment for those 'experienced' or 'new to' compliance and risk professionals, both from within and outside financial services and the other regulated industries in Jersey, to support others for the benefit of the compliance and risk profession and the Jersey.
The aim of the JCOA is to assist all compliance and risk professionals in their efforts to apply a pragmatic implementation of the laws, rules and regulations by which the regulated sector is bound .The JCOA works to fulfil this goal by promoting in particular:
- The exchange of knowledge, analysis, research and experience
- Professionalism of compliance and risk practices in Jersey
- The influence of compliance professionals on the framework of relevant law and regulation.
The JCOA aims to be the leading Jersey compliance professionals’ forum for compliance and risk professionals in the financial services and other regulated industries.
JCOA Core Values are:
- Diligence and professionalism
In summary, the JCOA aims to:
- Be the first-choice forum for compliance and risk professionals in the financial services and other regulated industries to join
- Engage with its large and growing membership base
- Encourage open dialogue and support between members
- Work with other industry bodies and regulators to promote the integrity of the regulated sector in Jersey.